At Smart Self Storage, we care about the safety of your belongings. We want to make sure that your items stay intact and free of damage when you store with us. Please take a look at these helpful storage tips to follow when packing and storing in order to keep your things free from harm.
- Pack all items carefully and plan ahead to avoid future hassle and damage during transport.
- Use sturdy boxes that are not worn out and will not crush under the weight of other boxes.
- Fill all boxes to capacity and pack newspaper, towels, or shredded paper to fill in any empty spaces.
- Don't make your boxes too heavy by overloading.
- Seal all boxes with packing tape to keep out any dust from collecting while in storage.
- Pack fragile items in towels or paper and pack tightly to avoid shifting and damage during moving.
- Wrap all sharp objects in cloth to avoid harm while unpacking.
- Make sure all items are dry when packing to prevent mold.
- Wrap mirrors and frames with bubble wrap to keep glass from breaking.
- Disassemble tables and any other furniture to save space while in your storage unit.
- Use furniture covers and moving blankets to help protect your furnishings.
- Do not store any materials that are flammable or combustible, including gasoline, oil or cleaning supplies.
- Lawnmowers and other equipment that use gasoline should be drained before being put in storage.
- Bring Plenty of storage supplies to securely pack your belongings.
Visit our Locations page to find the Smart Self Storage facility nearest you!